Looking for a way to motivate your team? It doesn’t always mean big end of the year bonuses and lavish gifts (although, they’re always welcome).
Here are ten simple ways to motivate your employees:
1. Leave a handwritten thank you card at their desk.
2. Give them anything with sugar in it. Chocolate, candy and cookies always do the trick.
3. Buy them a small gift certificate to their favorite coffee shop.
4. Invite them to join you for lunch.
5. Sit down at their desk and have a non-work related conversation.
6. Recognize the employee’s recent efforts at a company meeting.
7. Find a small gift for the employee to keep on their desk. Anything from fun-shaped Post-its to a desk clock work.
8. Create an event. Have a crazy hat day or favorite sports team day, give an award for the best dressed.
9. Bring breakfast to the office.
10. Call the employee into your office to tell them what a great job they’ve been doing lately.
Remember what Zig Ziglar once said, “People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”
It’s up to you to motivate your employees on a daily basis. Even something as small as a thank you note can go a very long way.